The Master of Business for Veterans (MBV) degree is a fully accredited 1-year graduate degree that was created specifically for military veterans, active duty, and reserve personnel. The program is designed to leverage the management and leadership experience already gained during military service. The MBV provides formal business knowledge and develops critical thinking skills. Participants will discover the transferability of their military experience and skill sets to the business environment, as well as the ability to launch, manage, and grow a new business.
This 10-month program is completed in just two semesters and provides an understanding of all business disciplines. The program incorporates a thematic curriculum that focuses on the way business functions relate to each other on a daily basis versus teaching the individual subjects as unrelated functional entities. Classroom sessions involve student participation in an interactive learning environment, as well as lectures, projects, and individual course work.
Program Highlights and Benefits
- Career Growth and Transition – Gain the knowledge and credentials to pursue and excel in a variety of business positions and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Quality – Drawn on the success of USC Marshall’s MBA programs and taught by USC Marshall’s world class faculty.
- Blend of Theory and Practice - Delivered through an effective blend of theory and practice, carefully sequenced individual class sessions are presented in situations similar to what occurs day to day in business.
- Convenience – Earn a rigorous business education from a prestigious university without interrupting students’ careers. Classes are held on alternating Fridays and Saturdays.
- Time - The MBV is completed in two semesters totaling only 10 months. There are 20 very full class days each semester.
- Relationships - Students forge bonds that last a lifetime and become members of USC's coveted Trojan network.