What do we do?
Being a student can be hard and can me made even more difficult when transitioning from a professional military background to civilian institution. That's where the Veterans Association at USC (USCVA) comes in. We are a recognized national chapter of Student Veterans of America. Through various initiatives the USCVA achieves the following:
- Helps student veterans to realize their full academic potential by bringing awareness towards, and facilitating access to, support services reserved exclusively for our community.
- Maintains strong relationships with community and corporate partners interested in supporting USC student veterans.
- Strives to give back to the surrounding communities as well as the veterans community through our many philanthropic initiatives.
- Hosts a number of professional development workshops accessible to all student veterans.
- Provides a welcoming and inclusive environment that is conducive to building and strengthening camaraderie.
We are students with common & uncommon military experiences who actively interact with fellow students and offer unique perspectives to help grow the already diverse USC culture, while our goal is to create a seamless transition to campus life and reintegration into civilian society for all USC student veterans.
Events We Host
Our events include, but are not limited to: mixers, networking events, job fairs, tailgates, volunteer opportunities, community service, team building exercises, social outings, and professional development.