Academic credit will be awarded for transferrable course work taken at one of the regionally accredited U.S. Military academies upon receipt of official transcripts. The university will also evaluate course work/experience completed through the armed services and may award credit for such courses if they meet the following criteria:
- Students must provide official Joint Services (JST) transcripts to Transfer Credit Services.
- Course work must be evaluated by ACE as upper-division credit.
USC will not grant credit for the following:
- DD-214 or DD-295.
- Course work not offered in an area of study taught at USC.
- Course work/experience not evaluated by ACE.
- Course work from the Community College of the Air Force.
- DSST, CLEP and DLPT exam scores.
- Other Learning Experiences (OLEs).
Any student who has completed at least 30 units of college-level coursework by the time they enter USC does not need to take the SAT or ACT.
Not yet. You also need to fill out the CSS Profile for most private schools you have applied to - that includes USC! Fill out both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile by February 13 to have priority consideration for financial aid at USC.
You should always apply for Financial Aid at any school you are applying to. Sometimes there are grants (free money) available to those who qualify. Sometimes there are subsidized federal loans available. Financial Aid should not just replace your VA Education Benefits. Please read more on what Financial Aid is and how you can utilize it.